1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tennis elbow evidence?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by gydiwon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. gydiwon

gydiwon New Member

Does anyone have any links to articles or studies providing evidence that tendonitis is a manifestation of TMS, and that there is no real tissue damage?
    My Doctor told me that I have tennis elbow. I have had this for 10 months. None of the usual therapies have worked. I think this is TMS because if the problem was inflammation, the one month of prescription strength anti-inflammatories and constant ice would have done something. Also, it is suspicious that my left arm begins to hurt even though I am only using my right arm primarily on the computer.
    Still, now that I have slowly begun to use the computer again, and the pain is coming back, I am beginning to have some doubts. I would be grateful to anyone who can help convince me further.

2. Lala

Lala Well known member

I don't have an specific articles, but from everything I've read (and I've read several books on TMS) tendonitis is big time TMS...especially if the pain is not responding to conventional therapies and if the pain is moving around...if it looks like TMS and smells like TMS, it is usually TMS. As far as your pain coming back when you are on the computer, this is a "conditioned response"....your mind wants to keep you believing that there is something wrong with your elbow(s). Pain is a learned response. So your brain amps up the pain when you are on the computer...do you dislike or feel resentful towards the work you are doing on the computer? Do you wish you were somewhere else, doing something else? Maybe explore how you feel (really feel) about the computer work you are doing.

I have read Sarno's MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION and DIVIDED MIND, as well as Ozanich's THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION. All three talk about tendonitis as TMS. If your body, tissues, were injured than you would heal within a reasonable amount of time...chronic, non-healing pain is typically connected to emotional repression.

Also, have you thought about seeing a TMS doctor? They might help you feel more confident.

Also, send a personal message to Forest...he is an administrator on this forum...I believe he suffered for 18 years from all sorts of pain...some of which was labeled tendonitis....he has been very helpful to me.

I suffered from TMS hand pain...that many would have called "tendonitis"....but i learned it was really TMS and it is gone. Best of luck.

3. gydiwon

gydiwon New Member

Thank you, Lala, for your words of encouragement. I will keep up the good fight.

4. Lala

Lala Well known member

Steven (Ozanich, author of THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION) told me that "doubt" is part of the TMS process...i moved through various stages of doubt (both times...10 years ago and then during my recent relapse)...it is part of the mental game, or the strategy of the unconscious to keep you preoccupied with your body. Don't beat yourself up about feeling doubtful. Keep reading, keep journaling, keep being mindful...it takes time for the information to sink into your psyche...the doubt will fade. One day you will just wake up and say, enough of this shit, I have TMS, I don't have to suffer anymore...I know without a shadow of a doubt that I can heal myself...and you will. 5 steps forward 3 steps back...its the nature of TMS. Keep your eye on the prize!

stephanied and tarala like this.