1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Telling people about my TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by plafield, Feb 12, 2019.

1. plafield

plafield New Member

Since I first learned about TMS and recognized that this is what is causing the coccydynia I've been suffering (and likely my past bouts with frozen shoulder, plantar facsaitis, and back pain) I've talked about it with anyone willing to listen. I have found that stating out loud that my pain is in my brain not my tailbone and then explaining what TMS is and how it works has greatly helped move me along in the relief of pain. Once I started talking about it I had a huge reduction in both the constancy and severity of the pain. And not one person I've talked to about this has raised any doubts about my self-diagnosis of TMS. Without exception, every person has listened to me and then said that it makes perfect sense and then they tend to begin to wonder if any of their own various ailments are TMS related. I've referred at least a dozen people to the work of John Sarno, Howard Schubiner, and Alan Gordon and also to this wiki resource. And while I still sometimes have some mild pain that comes and goes for no apparent reason, I'm often pain free these days.

2. srton

srton Well known member

Great news all around! I hope you continue to heal and help others in their mind body work!

plafield likes this.