1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Symptoms moving around

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Edward, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Edward

Edward Peer Supporter

Yep symptoms are definitely moving around. ever since I read the Sarno's book I knew it was TMS. i guess I trusted in his theory mostly because of the amount of people who he had helped cure. I get the pain in my arms, neck, hips and since i recently started skating a whole lot now sometimes its my lower back. It wasn't until recently that I decided the full extent of my hip pain was due to TMS....guess what tonight I went to Karate and I was able to move my hips a whole lot more freely then what I have been able to in a long time. When I feel the pain this is how I am starting to think- its not what your doing that's causing the pain, what you are doing is totally fine. Any voices that tell me I am doing it all wrong or any feelings of fear (for being wrong) i tell myself you are totally fine and i love and support you in what you are doing cause you are more then capable of doing it. I say it to myself with love as if i was saying it to my hypothetical child. I remind myself the pain does not mean that you are wrong and also that there maybe some emotions you aren't feeling. Sometimes I will try to relax to see if any emotion surfaces but the whole discovering and feeling your repressed emotions is something which i find difficult so generally I'll just take stabs at what it maybe that is upsetting me and sooth myself through some positive affirmations. This seems to help strengthen my spirit. Means the pain isn't always putting me into despair mode.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like your right on track Edward-
    keep those journals coming, your doing great man
    Thanks for the updates

Edward likes this.