1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden lower back pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Artmuzz, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

I have had a very stressful week. I was due to attend a PIP (disability welfare) assessment for a claim I made a few months ago for PIP and I got a phone call that the assessment has been cancelled because the assessor was off sick.

When I phoned the PIP assessor service back to rearrange the appointment they told me that they are reporting me to the DWP (welfare disability office) for failing to attend which will void my claim. This got me very angry and stressed out because I did attend and it meant trying to sort this out all day and I finally got it sorted out.

Anyway, last night I was walking into the kitchen and making myself a cup of herbal tea when just out of the blue I started feeling pain in my lower back right buttock and the back of my right thigh. Nothing physical made it happen it just appeared.

I know that this is probably the results of TMS with being extremely emotionally stressed out and angry the previous day. I know Dr Sarno mentions that with TMS pain you have to accept that it’s all in the mind but the problem is that even though I know it is TMS I am finding it hard accepting that it’s my mind causing this. I have placed a heat pad on my lower back which seems to be helping the pain.

2. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

Well this is strange. The pain in my buttock and back of thigh only lasted a few hours and the pain went away. I am wondering if this is because I put a heat pad on my lower back or that I have accepted that it’s due to the emotional stress and anger I’ve been feeling.

3. KevinMartilloViner

KevinMartilloViner Peer Supporter