1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tutorial Subforums help you find interesting discussions!

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

To make it easier to find interesting discussions, our forum is divided up into 10 specialized subforums. The following video makes this easy to understand and shows you how to find the discussions most interesting to you:
    If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below!​

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for the tutorial forest, it really helps for you to show us these bits of information
    Bless you

3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Some problems with the operation of this video, Forest. It seems to run okay when I play it on YouTube. However, it doesn't seem to run on the TMS Forum. Starts up, shuts down. Something quirky.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Bruce, it starts up fine on my PC, hum.

5. BruceMC

Starts up then crashes on my iMac although I got it to play once when I went to the original video in YouTube.

PS- Just played it again in YouTube. Crashed again back on the Forum. Inconsistent problems are the worst ones!

6. Becca

Becca Well known member

Hey Bruce,

The video works fine for me (on a PC using Windows Vista). I tried it on three different browsers - Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox - and while logged in and logged out of the forum. Are you having similar issues with other YouTube videos embedded on the forum, or is it just this one?

I will say, the first time I tested it on Internet Explorer, I did get an error message on the video. When I refreshed the page, though, the video worked fine. So, try re-loading this page...let me know if that doesn't work and we can proceed from there.

Becca

7. BruceMC

Reloaded. Same problem. However, Nat King Cole plays fine. Dunno.

8. Becca

Becca Well known member

Weird...well now I know you don't have an Internet Explorer problem. What browser are you using? Safari? And what exactly do you mean when you say it "crashes"? Do you get an error message or does it stop loading or what?

Here are a few more threads with embedded videos (couldn't find the Nat King Cole one you mentioned). Can you indulge me and check them out, then report back & tell me if you have the same problem?
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/“the-cup-song”.2814/
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/how-to-add-videos-to-a-post.2454/
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/how-to-use-the-quote-function.292/

...since we just have PCs here and you're on a Mac, I just want to make sure others aren't going to have a problem too. (To any Mac users who are reading this -- are any of you having issues watching the video on subforums that Forest posted at the beginning of this thread?)

9. BruceMC

All the audio-video files you've attached, Becca, work just fine for me. Would hate to have to perform the cup song to pass my driver's license test though. I'd flunk!

However . . . Forest's sub-forum video still does not work for me on this iMac this afternoon at 1:42 pm PST.

10. Becca

Becca Well known member

That is just WEIRD. I wonder, what if I repost it? (...I'm kinda stabbing in the dark here but worth a shot...)

I do have one last video for you to to test, in this thread (there is some logic to my madness -- the video embedded in this post is hosted by the same YouTube user as the one in the Subforums video in this thread. Maybe there's something funky in the permissions...although if that's the case I'm not sure why you're having trouble viewing it and PC users like myself and Herbie aren't...)

If none of that works, I think this may be unsolvable/impossible for me to figure out :( Since you can watch the video on YouTube and also you have no trouble viewing other videos on the forum perhaps we should let it be...?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  11. BruceMC

When you report it here, it still doesn't work on my iMac. Click on run, a wheel displays and turns for a few seconds, then the screen is displayed without the video running. All the other videos work however. Me not you? And only this particular video.

12. Becca

Becca Well known member

...I got nothin' :(

13. littlewing

littlewing New Member

Hi i am just learning about TMS. I want relief from pain. How to understand this condition. I have just read Dr John Sarno's book on Back Pain and have ordered Mind Divided. So thats where i am.I am wanting to get back to daily activities. but i am still feeling pain do you just keep going? Im sure where to go from here.

14. littlewing

littlewing New Member

Should have said im NOT sure where to go from here.....

15. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Littlewing,

Welcome to the Forum!
    If you click on 'home' at the top of the page or TMSwiki, you will get the home page on this website. Along the left side of the home page is a sidebar with links that are a great place to start working on your TMS. One of those links says 'Structured Educational Program' which provides a daily lesson to work on. This a great place to start. Also read the daily reminders in Healing Back Pain daily. When your copy of the Divided Mind arrives, read the treatment chapter daily.

And keep posting on the Forum to let us know how you're doing. Feel free to ask questions at any time. We are here to help and support you.

16. BruceMC

I agree with Ellen. The best place to start your TMS healing journey is by doing the SEP (Structured Education Program) on the TMSwiki. Also, going over the Daily Reminders (Key Thoughts) in Dr. Sarno's HBP as a regular part of your routine is an excellent way to keep in touch with the healing process. I go over the Daily Reminders while doing breathing exercises too because that way I concentrate on their meaning instead of just going through the motions 'like a chore'.

17. littlewing

littlewing New Member

Thanks for reply i will begin w/ the readings. I am fighting hard the overwhelming feelings of hopelessness. The continuous thoughts of the pain never getting better are trying to crush me. But i will keep reading thanks again

18. Shirley

Shirley Peer Supporter

At Day 8 in structured educational program. Find all the forums and subforums a little distracting--there is so much good information here and it is all over the place! Trying to focus it. The Structured educational program is great--maybe I should avoid the forums completely, but I sense it helps to plug into this just for the community. Haven't done on-line community building before.