1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck beyond stuck

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by eskimoeskimo, Jul 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

I don’t want to be a downer ... but here I am again, posting the same message again. No amount of ignoring, Claire Weekes, Alan Gordon, therapy, distraction, meditation, relaxation, medication, exercise, reassurance, moving on with life, self-talk, etc has helped me get out of this many-year rut of pain. In fact, the rut keeps getting deeper. I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel anymore. I’ve heard it all before. Whatever’s causing the pain - mind, body, or Santa Clause I don’t really care -, it just won’t budge, and I can’t seem to coexist with it.

Does anybody have any alternative suggestions? Something out of left field? I’ll try anything ... I’m dying here.

ter456 likes this.
  2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Oh eskimo, I’m so sorry for your pain and frustration. I've been there. Sometimes I feel as if the last 20 years have been me dealing with the one set of TMS symptoms after another. Why doesn't my subC ever learn?
    One thing I have discovered is that sometimes my subC responds to one kind of talk, and sometimes another. Some days I have to really get angry with it, and tell it to "Get the(expletive) out of (body part.") At other times it respond to the kinder, gentler approach, as in "I know you think you’re protecting me this way, but this isn't a healthy response, and I’d rather deal with the emotions than the pain."
    Sometimes I think the most difficult thing we do is to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Don't give up!
    Wishing you pain free days,
    Gigi

ter456, HattieNC and eskimoeskimo like this.