1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Structured education Program

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Feb 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Hello All

I have been off the wiki for awhile ...but after many attempts of trying to go forward with my life my TMS as not dissipated at all , I have lost my anxiety but my pain levels are much higher .

With that said I almost feel I need to restart like I never knew anything about tms ..And with that said I have been threw all medical testing got diagnosed by a tms physician done TMS therapy and so on..
    I would like people opinion on restarting all over again ?

Marco

Baseball65 likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I start over again any time I have a new symptom. Any time I have had a new 'deal' or realized that something I was certain was physical, wasn't. I try to approach the text as if I have never read it, but more importantly, ask the questions to myself as if I have never asked them before.

Obviously we can't delete what we have learned , but I am always looking for a new Experience!

Recently someone posted how they were frustrated with TMS because they had learned everything about it and had still never officially recovered. I pointed out that this isn't about knowing more about TMS...once we all agree on the basics, it gets sort of 'pointless and academic'. What we need to learn is something new about ourselves. A deeper truth, a previously ignored elephant in the room,etc.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Ellen and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Sorry that things aren't going better for you, Marco! But you came back here, so you must feel like this program has something to offer you. I vaguely remember some of your forum posts from the past and it seems like you were kind of stuck. (My apologies if that's not accurate or fair).

It's not unusual for progress to be slow. I've certainly experienced that. But being stuck and making little or no progress over long period of time is another matter. Sometimes we have to go beyond an intellectual understanding of TMS. We need a deep experiential, almost spiritual understanding of ourselves and our relationship to pain and symptoms. Meditation and somatic tracking can help with that.

I recently started over again. Many years ago I recovered fully from chronic back pain/sciatica, as well as tennis elbow (thanks to Dr. Sarno and resources like this forum). But in the past couple of years, I've been struggling with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Long story short, I started -
    - Working Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program. Pain Recovery Program | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome) (tmswiki.org) When I say working it... I really mean working it. I can elaborate if you're interested.
    - Getting into daily mindfulness meditations using free guided meditations on the web. I really like the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center free meditations.
    - Reading some Dr. Sarno and other TMS books.

It has been challenging, but I am seeing very significant improvement.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Ellen likes this.