1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 29 still some stubborn pain and fear of doctor

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by valerie, Jun 26, 2013.

1. valerie

valerie Peer Supporter

I haven't posted for a while. I just got back from a long trip and I feel pretty good - I flew cross country twice without much pain at all. in general I feel fine walking and at times I feel almost no pain, which is good.
    In the last couple of weeks though I've had this weird twitching in my leg, right around my knee. that is where most of the stubborn pain has been. sometimes I can actually see it twitching, which is really weird. i've also had a few pretty high (for me) blood pressure readings and I'm starting to worry again if it's something else.
    I want to go and see my doctor but I'm afraid if I do that I'm discounting the TMS thing - which is making me feel like i'm spiralling again into this worry that there is something wrong with me.
    I don't want to be silly - is going to see my doctor admitting defeat? I am so much better than the last time I went I can't imagine it will set me back. but i'm still afraid.

2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Valerie, I'm not familiar with your case and I'm certainly not a doctor, but the blood pressure does sound worrisome and I personally would get that checked out.

In terms of twitching, I have that all the time and can often see it. It's just a muscle thing, really nothing at all to get worried about.