1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Still here

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by A_Shingles, Sep 26, 2022.

1. A_Shingles

A_Shingles New Member

I'm a bit behind. It's hard sometimes to find time to do the journaling, specially on weekends when my son is at home with me all day. I just feel really emotional (in a way I didn't expected) while journaling and my flat is quite small so I don't feel comfortable doing it. I'm really enjoying paying attention to how my emotions manifest physically while journaling. My first letter was to my dad and I hadn't felt such hard pain in the nerve affected by the shingles in a long, long time. It was almost as strong as when I had shingles. After that I've been having a really bad migraine that comes and goes. I don't usually have headaches, even less any sort of migraine so this seems to be some kind of migrating pain symptom.

So I guess of all this is to say that I'm finding this really really hard. A lot harder than expected. But I also think it's working and I'll keep on it for the six weeks. I think my fatigue is improving. I'm walking a lot and doing a lot of things. I'm increasing my activities and trying to worry less about a crash and think that if it happens it happens.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It sounds to me like you are exactly where you should be at Day 10. This is often when people experience symptoms that change, increase, or appear out of nowhere. This is great news, and you are facing it with the right outlook!

Don't worry at all about how long it takes you to get a "Day" done. My personal opinion is that people should not try to do one Day every day - it's too much! 3 or 4 "Days" per week should be the maximum, and for people with job and family responsibilities, only do what you can. It's more important to spend quality time with the lesson and especially with the writing exercises - as you already described. Good work! Keep us posted!