1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Starting over again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Fedup2020, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Fedup2020

Fedup2020 New Member

Hi everyone! I'm glad to be here, and I'm so grateful for this forum and Dr Sarno.

I have done the SEP before a few years ago, and I did find it definitely helped with my foot pain, and various other pains. I think maybe it's time for a refresher. Also I keep getting a lot of fatigue and I think it's TMS related.

I would say my level of acceptance of TMS for pain is relatively high, as I have had success in the past. I do still get neck pain and back pain though. I have found not obsessing over pain and not worrying about it has helped. My level for acceptance for TMS in relation for fatigue is a bit lower though. I see a lot of things about pain here, but less about fatigue.

My fatigue does feel TMS related though. It is similar to TMS pain. For example it doesn't make much sense sometimes (a bit like pain can come and go and move around with TMS). I also wonder if now my pain has been replaced by fatigue. When I get super fatigued it definitely distracts me.

In case anyone is wondering, I get 8 hours of sleep of night, I eat healthy and do regular exercise and don't have any health problems. I have tried giving up caffeine, different diets and a few other things. It's almost like how someone with pain problems, may try many different treatments and not make any progress!

I am a little worried that I won't be able to solve this fatigue problem I have, but to be fair I did make great progress with pain in the past.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Fedup2020,

Welcome back and good journey to you on your second round of the SEP.

You might inquire into your experience of fatigue and ask some gentle questions: What in me wants to be seen? How does the fatigue --and my concern about it, protect me from feeling/experiencing deeper levels of awareness of me? What is my whole life experience right now ---the fatigue, other elements like events, relationships, etc., attempting to teach me about my life?

I am thinking that fighting the fatigue is less efficacious than simply understanding its deeper meaning. I am suggesting a gentleness and curiosity.

Andy

Fedup2020 likes this.
  3. Fedup2020

Fedup2020 New Member

Thanks Andy, I really appreciate your reply. You have given me a lot to think about. I am not quite sure what you mean by feeling/experiencing deeper levels on myself. I guess you maybe mean what could the fatigue stop me from being aware of, like hidden emotions or feelings?

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes. This is my thinking.

Andy

Fedup2020 likes this.
  5. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Have you tried massage therapy? or maybe deep meditation.

6. Fedup2020

Fedup2020 New Member

Massage therapy for fatigue? Never heard of that before. I think my fatigue is more TMS related than physical. I find meditation makes me too relaxed and increases the fatigue. Thank you anyway.