1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Started swimming very happy about it

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Felekis, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Felekis

Felekis New Member

L5S1 8mm disc hernation, pressing on the sciatic nerve and spinal canal
    L1L2 6mm disc hernation, pressing on the epidural sack.
    L3L4 disc bulge
    L4L5 disc bulge

So after spending two full months off work being extra careful, no lifting anything. applying TENS machine, going to physio, applying the McGill approach, my back got only worse.

Since reading Healing Back Pain and starting the SEP program my back started getting better.

I have started swimming in the sea (Greece) and I love it!

Before, I would never imagine going for a swim just in case I hurt my back. After a few days I have managed to swim for 30 minutes with no back pain. At the moment, I swim for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening.

Albeit, sitting on a chair is still very painful. I guess I am really conditioned to have pain when sitting on a chair. How to work, unconditioning my brain to not fear the chair?

Edit:

Since my lower back pain started going down, I have started to get severe itchiness in my legs and arms. That is very weird, I never had itchiness in the last 6 months nor have I changed anything in my daily life.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    ssxl4000 and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

3. Felekis

Felekis New Member