1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Started program, then got COVID

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by gobanana, Jan 19, 2021.

1. gobanana

gobanana Newcomer

I have had back and neck pain since I was a teenager and have tried everything (chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, trigger point injections, NSAIDs, muscle relaxers, TENS unit, etc) to treat it. I heard about Dr. Sarno on a podcast a few months ago and ended up reading two of his books. I wasn't one of the lucky ones who was cured just by reading them so I dug around and found the TMS Wiki. In the meantime, I somehow got COVID. I started the structured program anyway and I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. I think it's working but I'm still pretty sick from COVID and it's giving me headaches and overall body aches. My doctor thinks it is causing a lot of inflammation in my body, so she just put me on Prednisone and a short course of antibiotics yesterday to try to clear it up. My issue is that I can't tell if the TMS is getting better and the pain I'm having is all from COVID. I'm trying to stay positive and keep working through the program in hopes that when I am fully recovered from COVID, I will see the benefits. Has anyone else gone through this?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi gobanana,

I am sorry about you getting Covid-19. I have not had your experience, but have done lots of research on treatment. You might look into Ivermectin as a treatment to clear it up. This outfit has collated the studies and put them before the NIH in an effort to legitimize this approach. And they are slowly succeeding.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/ (Home | FLCCC | Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance)

Not sure how much you'll find here particularly on late stage treatment, but the doctors here, in interviews, say that Ivermectin looks to help "long-haulers," and that part of the reason there are long-haulers is that treatment is stopped before full resolution.

About TMS, it seems you're making progress despite the "interference." I hope you're proud of this, because I sure would be!

Andy

Balsa11 likes this.