1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Something I enjoy doing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by susang, Oct 1, 2012.

1. susang

susang New Member

hmmm....without stress or worrying about my family? I think I did it tonight I went to an event at my local bookstore.

And I took a very nice walk in the woods today. Monday is a day I try to do only what I wish....I usually work on the weekends and so before the kids come home I try to keep it quiet and not see people or talk to much on the phone. Some stuff crashes in but I did okay today.

Pandamonium and veronica73 like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Susan - It is great that you are able to set aside time focus on yourself. It seems like so much of the time we focus on the needs of others and fail to recognize our own needs and wants. I know that I was suprised at how helpful simply doing something I enjoyed helped me recover.

3. Explorer

Explorer Well known member

Susan - I agree and think this is so important. It seems that once I had kids life was about their enjoyment not mine. Now they are older and I am starting to think more about myself although they are teens and demanding.

I made a little note to remind some to pick one mantra to chant all day thanks to the advice of Lara and the other is to do something I enjoy. All that said, I have so much reading to do on TMS and the exercise, I may have to squeeze enjoyment in.

TMS is working. My pain feels so vague versus "fibro vogue" as was stated in the Mind Body Precription. It's twinging and pinging but I won't let it distract me.

4. susang

susang New Member

thank you both for the encouragement. Explorer, is Mind Body Prescription a book?

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

Yes, MBP is a book by Dr. Sarno. I absolutely believe doing things we enjoy and time to ourselves are important! Helps balance our everyday stressors!