1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Some AHA momens giving hope - Nothing like a good walk.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LJC, Sep 16, 2018.

1. LJC

LJC Newcomer

I have had a couple of aha moments which I thought I would share, even though I still have a long way to go. Walking is my go to place, however, when walking alone in wooded or isolated areas my fear factor and anxiety kicks in big time and unable to enjoy. So this week instead of avoiding a walking area I enjoy walking with my husband, I walked the area alone purposefully. I talked and sang my mind through 3 areas where my fear/anxiety kick in and I totally did it (sweet). I lifted and put the fear to rest on this day. Baby step but felt good and let me know I do have some control. ...AHA... Will see how future solo walks go. I also used this technique (talking/singing) for showering yesterday (which is huge anxiety item for me) - not quite as successful but made myself stay in shower longer. Last item for this week and past couple of weeks is my back seat driver personality (can't seem to trust others driving but working on this) I am purposefully through awareness not reacting by closing eyes when I have to and not tensing). All little items but hoping they accumulate to bigger, better results. Good week! Hoping this helps others because one thing I do know/believe is that if people don't understand or know our levels of pain, they just don't get it. I/We get it so I am thankful for resources like this. I believe listening and being heard is huge in recovering. Thank-you for this program.

westb likes this.