1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Social anxiety and one other thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dabatross, Apr 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Having anxiety and increase stress levels is very common in people with TMS, but you have to consider that perhaps your body is creating this stress and anxiety because you are close to something. Journaling is not for everyone, but I do think it is important to understand what we can and can't do. One of the main ideas behind ISTDP is to examine a person's reactions to certain things. What about journaling creates the anxiety and stress?

Endless Luke, I know that Dr. Schubiner incorporated ISTDP into the new version of his book. I haven't got the chance to read it yet, but do know that he is really excited about incorporating it into his approach.