1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

So, what's next...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MARGGRAM, Oct 8, 2019.

1. MARGGRAM

MARGGRAM Newcomer

I'm reading, reading and reading to learn about TMS. Watched All the Rage
    I'm exercising every day, but I still can't think about getting back to spin and yoga because my body is in a state of extreme stiffness
    I'm meditating
    I'm journaling
    I'm trying to go on with my life normally
    When I think I have something wrong with my body, I yell at myself and try to stop the rumination
    I'm going to try therapy this month
    Using the Curable App
    I'm trying to break out of being highly sensitive to trigger words and being very angry at all the doctors absolutely petrifying me with their incorrect diagnoses
    I'm trying to let go of the guilt about how much money I spent with doctors, therapies and other useless things that did not work

So, what's next? I don't know what else to do and getting impatient about feeling better. I know this is a process and to stay calm and patient, but is there something else I should be doing? I've been aware of TMS for a month now. I know everyone heals differently.

2. PainNoMore

PainNoMore Peer Supporter

keep at it.
    a couple sayings that have helped me:

overcome the fear, and the pain will disappear
    remove all doubt, and the pain you'll be without

and check out Alan Gordon's multimedia program on the home page of this site. look at day 9 in particular about somatic tracking

Sammie likes this.
  3. Ania

Ania Peer Supporter

I can resonate with all you wrote, as I was in the same place few weeks ago.

I think you're missing one thing: calm down and relax.

Read your own post: "I did this and that... I am trying to this and that..."
    Maybe you're pushing yourself too much.
    Take a break from reading and studying. Just be. Feel your inner self. And do not judge yourself.

It will be better. You're on the right way jour unconcious mind need some time to digest what you've learned.

Take care

JanAtheCPA and Sammie like this.
  4. MARGGRAM

MARGGRAM Newcomer

Removing the doubt...I'm almost there, but then I just hear the doctors and all the PT and other therapies talk about my structural problems. Really hard getting that out of my head. So angry that I went to them; so angry that their words are affecting my life so much!

I am going to try to calm down, relax and not push myself so hard and let it absorb.

Thank you!

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Perhaps you need to write yourself a letter about this.

1. Let it all out, and feel where your anger is really directed. Don't let your fearful brain repress anything. This is important. You have to be willing to experience and acknowledge the deep dark shit that your brain has been repressing.

2. Then you have to forgive yourself.

3. Finally, you have to be willing to embrace compassion and love for yourself. Because you cannot heal unless you know in your heart that you deserve to heal.