1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Small breakthrough. Yeah!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Leonor, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Last night I went to bed wondering when my pain will finally decrease, feeling a little bit frustrated. I decided to hang in there and started to concentrate on my neck pain, which is the worst. Soon I was extremely concentrated, detached of my body and feeling the absolute present. Past, future and worries went away. I was at once, inside of my neck, feeling the lump, the pressure without worrying and then pow! I saw and felt my sore lump slowly leaving my neck, gone!
    I still have soreness in my body and also in my neck, but this stinging neck pain is gone. I have been aware of tms and working on it since April this year and this is the first time that I manage to get rid of one of my many pains, so I am very surprised and happy about it.
    Lately I have been doing a lot of tapping but I do believe that my improvement is due to a lot of different approaches with the help of all of you.
    Leonor

Lily Rose and Msunn like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lenor. How wonderful. The lump in your neck went away. I'm sure it was from your TMS techniques.

I've practiced tapping and like it. I consider it another form of mind-body TMS healing.
    I like the video clips I've seen of it on YouTube.
    Isn't TMS an exciting journey? Not only to heal pain but to self-discovery. I've learned more about
    myself and others in the past year of knowing about TMS than I've experienced in the rest of my life,
    and I'm 83 now. I like myself better and even like some jerks better.

Msunn likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Leonor this is awesome- it sounds like focusing. I have had many great break troughs with this style of healing. I first learnt to focus on the pain with faster eft and the I picked up Eugene Gendlins book about focusing and I understood that when I focused at times on certain pains and emotions I would almost always have a great turn out like you. Now this came maybe a year after I had been doing the tms knowledge therapy so it was good that I knew my tms wisdom too. I think it all goes together rather well. You are on to something special. Never slow down , your doing great. Wow Thanks

Msunn likes this.
  4. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

That's part of what I mean by "lean into your pain." Get inside of it, don't pull away. Wherever you feel your pain, concentrate on it as you put yourself inside of it. This is different that cognitive transversal because that's while moving. I did this at night before sleep because it's the most powerful time before the conscious mind fades into wonderland.

Wherever your pain is, is the point where you hide your anger. Try to feel it, and allow it, by not disconnecting from it because it's a part of you. You are the one that created it, and only you can let it go.

I remember Thich Nhat Hanh saying to "send your pain love." The problem is that people hate their pain which of course empowers it to imprison them longer.

Healing come along with tiny truths that keep you going; little insights into awareness. It's awareness that heals, but it rarely comes along like it did with Saul and blinds you with the entire spectrum of light. It comes along in tiny-truths that you can grab hold-of to keep you going. The shorts bursts without pain, the good days, the quiet moments of peace, are the food that fuels you on your journey. Most people aren't paying attention when these things occur, and so they don't believe. When you open your mind's eye to all possibilities you begin to notice that the answers were always there.

I did a couple shows with Emile Alan, and his book, Eating The Tiger. The concept is to face it, face your fear, face your anger, and stop running away from it, thus empowering it. When you turn around, stop running, and finally "lean in" and stop pulling away, you begin to see the truth that you've been hiding from yourself, and from everyone else. The acceptance sets you free. Those who love their life will lose it. Fear is the force that needs overcome.

In addition, each time there's a small breakthrough it adds to your confidence, and the sudden realization that you have the power to alter your health. Bad health isn't just something that happens to you, health is a byproduct of what you aren't aware of, what you haven't been paying attention to because it stings ego and diminishes the idealized self image you've painstakingly built. So the unwanted must remain hidden. But the body doesn't know how to lie, it tells you in its own language that there's something you need to address.

Steve

David B, Ellen, Msunn and 2 others like this.
  5. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I can relate to what you wrote about, Leonor. My pain levels are significantly down (as my reasonable full Costco sized bottle of ibuprofen would testify to). But I do get weary of some of the persistent skin issues I deal with and random pains that appear out of the blue. I know there's more things to unpack.

Learning to pay attention to my body has been quite the trip. I'm presently listening to "The Power of Now" my Eckhart Tolle and he talks about this stuff as well. A lot of what he says fits hand in glove with Dr. Sarno's work. He also talks about how most humans are living in a different levels of sleep.

My gratitude for TMS only grows as I realize that it is what has taken for me to wake up and embrace life fully. Or, in the Matrix parlance...I took the red pill.

6. nancy

nancy Well known member

7. nancy

nancy Well known member

I am also reading the "Power of now", enjoying it so far. I don't have a lot of time to read right now ,
    but am trying to save some time for me every day. My next book is Walt's , " A Midnight Clear". I also
    deal with skin issues. I have red marks all over my forearms. Never had these marks before, very strange.
    As soon as they're almost gone they return in a different spot on the forearms??? Love and Hugs to you,
    Nancy

8. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

*smiles* I like you, too.

Alot.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

9. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Nancy, I finished Midnight Clear...it is delightful. :) And btw, I get those weird skin things too. Very random...very TMS. :)

10. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Thank you for all your replies. It did give me some confidence but now I am ready to worry about the rest of the aches. I wish I had a magic buttom and switch to "don't worry, be happy", trying though...

North Star likes this.
  11. Steve Ozanich

Here ya go Leonor, the magic button you wished for: Merry Christmas from SteveO

G.R. and North Star like this.
  12. nancy

nancy Well known member

13. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi SteveO, this was wonderful to Leonor, I watched that video and felt so much better! I thank you foe that!!!
    Nancy

14. Steve Ozanich

After my wife was paralyzed during childbirth, and her dad dying at 47, and our town being destroyed by a tornado, that song by Bobby McFerrin came along and took a lot of stress off of us. That music truly did help heal our wounds because we got locked in worry-mode.

Sometimes it helps for someone to come along and remind us to lighten up. We get caught in our own worlds of self pity and bracing for failure that we forget the other side of life. There is the yin to the yang, light to darkness.

Many people think Bob Marley sang Don't Worry...but he died 7 years before the song came out. Marley was good, but not that good.

Steve

North Star and Forest like this.
  15. David B

David B Well known member

What a great reply! This the first time someone has articulated what it means to lean into pain or fear in way that clicked with me. Thank you and be well!

North Star likes this.