1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep Headaches - Is it TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Hopevsheadaches, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Hopevsheadaches

Hopevsheadaches Newcomer

Hi Everyone,

My name is Christie and I have been on a health journey for 8 plus years now. I got diagnosed with chronic daily migraines but after working on my health I got rid of them. However, I still have really bad tension and tension headaches which are ruining my life.

I am really starting to believe that I have TMS as within a week or reading Alan's book I started to work on the tension in my shoulders and have not needed a Physio because it is now gone. AMAZING. However, I have this thing that I've had for years since I struggled with chronic migraines that if my sleep is disturbed or I get less than 8 hours a night (I know it sounds crazy) then I get a really bad tension headache when I wake. It lasts all day and now I've become so scared about sleeping etc. Do you think this could be TMS as there is nothing wrong with me that should produce this symptom? I tried all day to tell my brain it is safe and when I did that the headache calmed but came straight back again. It will not budge. Any advice friends? I know this is early days but I don't know if I am doing this right. The shoulder pain went though s TMS so I think this is too but it sooooooo stubborn.

Thanks in advance

Christie

Saffron likes this.
  2. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

Hi Christie. you sound so much like me. I now have daily migraines that wake me. I have none at other times. I do believe tms is the cause. But try as I may. I can't get them sorted.

3. Hopevsheadaches

Hopevsheadaches Newcomer

Hi Saffron,

ah I am so sorry to hear you are suffering too. What have you tried so far in terms of TMS work? I am in my first week so I know I need to be super patient and just keep trying new things.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was going on in your life when they started? I had some major stressors and now in hingsight I can see it was all TMS. I’m thinking of you.

4. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

Hi. horrible isn't it.
    move been trying tms for 20 years. And although it's helped with other things. The head problems don't respond. I've done Sarno. Twice. Several others. The ones like Alan Gordon's book. I'm in U.K. so others you may not have heard about.
    I don't know what happens when I'm
    Asleep. But it's ruined my life. The pain is excruciating.
    Nothing specific was happening. But no migraines in my family. The first came with peri menopause in 1992. It's just got worse over time. ‍♀️