1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 14 Simultaneous Symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Frankie1089, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Frankie1089

Frankie1089 Peer Supporter

If the subconscious mind is using pain or other secondary symptoms for us to not focus on our feelings that we have repressed. Why does it use Multile symptoms at the same time? Wouldn't 1 just be enough.? I can't wrap my head around that . Anyones feed bsck would be appreciated.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Its distraction... We may overcome one type of pain or symptom like fatigue... Personally I had over 20 years of it before finding tms and healing myself (Thank you Sarno! et al) Several times i would find something that seemed to overcome or improve a symptom - whether it was Drs drugs or herbs, potions, treatments.... But all failed after a time - placebo/hope?! I was attacked by so many symptoms from pain to hair loss, fatigue to brain fog... I just could not fathom my way out... Just what the subcon wanted (it is trying to protect us really - but we do need to sort ourselves out longterm...)
    If you just had say =- back pain - you might just concentrate on that until you found a way to cope/deal with it - by having multiple symptoms - the subcon really gets us.... until we figure it out - it is then a good signpost towards tms - because there is no reason medically to have so many symptoms... As one of my DRs said - 'your body systems are ok - but your autonomic system is haywire - you need to mend that' - he suggested yoga - and I found Dr Sarno and it is now (yippee!) history...! I am now healthy!

3. Frankie1089

Frankie1089 Peer Supporter

That's awesome Hecate105! What did you do to get healthy again?