1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

sesamoiditis

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by mncjl123, May 25, 2016.

1. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

is painful sesamoiditis/ tendonitis / capsulitis of the foot TMS?

2. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

hi mncji, we met already in another forum
    I didn't have sesamoiditis but a necrosis of my sesamoide. The necrosis healed completely after a certain time. But 6 month after the beginning of the necrosis a burning pain startet in my foot. I was told by the doctors that this was CRPS/RSD. Now I know better: it is TMS! Because only the TMS-work helps to reduce the pain!
    So I don't think that the sesamoiditis is TMS. But if you have burning pain in the foot: this is TMS

3. Cara

Cara Peer Supporter

Oooo!! I really want to the know the answer (if it's knowable) to this question. I had sesamoiditis for a couple of years (most before my back pain, but overlapping some). I had PT and surgery. It didn't work. I had pads in my shoe. I BROKE another bone trying to heal the sesamoid. (Ok, so I might have that obsessive personality I've read about.) As I was reading Healing Back Pain, I really started to wonder about the sesamoiditis. If it's any comfort, even though surgery didn't help, time did. I occasionally have a teeny bit of soreness, but it usually calms down in a day or less.

4. call_on_angels

call_on_angels New Member

Did anyone have success getting rid of sesamoiditis with their TMS? I joined this program for arm pain, but this year I've mysteriously developed sesamoiditis in both feet, but 3 doctors, 2 xrays, and 1 MRI later, there is NO structural damage, and hardly any swelling. Just intense pain. I want to know if this is connected to the arm pain.