1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SEP Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jorgem12, Dec 10, 2019.

1. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

After reading it make a brief forum post on your TMS treatment up to this point

Now that I've been doing the SEP for about a week I have noticed that at times I actually feel my right buttocks tighten (tense) up and sometimes when I'm in a situation where there is a bit of stress and perfectionism involved such as working with participants in our studies (I'm a research assistant). I noticed just today that my right butt tightened up as I was working with the participant but the whole day leading up to this I had almost no pain at all in the area.
    Also, the journaling has been great because its helped me expand on memories that were a bit more emotional than I previously believed them to be. And, when journaling and feeling the emotions I noticed that my pain would subside in those moments. Also, when I'm completely distracted such as socializing I've noticed the pain disappear.
    At other times I notice the pain increase rapidly and for no conscious/rational reason. Although, I know inside of me that in those moments either the pain is increasing because it's losing a hold of me or there is some subconscious emotion in that moment being repressed.
    I've also continued to struggle with the butt pain starting and waking me up at night.

It's a rocky journey, but I'm glad to be on it.

Okcowgirl likes this.