1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

SEP Day 25

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jorgem12, Jan 19, 2020.

1. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

So far, I have noticed good improvements. My pain shifts more than it initially did. For a good while it was just in my right buttocks and now it shifts from there, throughout my right leg, to right foot, and mylower back.
    Also, my pain doesn't bother as much as it used to at the beginning of the program (while I'm awake). I've been going to exercise classes where I do all sorts of stuff that I never imagined doing again. My pain will flare up but it's more in the background now.
    My nighttime pain is still a challenge, I'll wake up with a lot of pain in my right buttock. But this is slowly becoming background pain too instead of the focus of my life. I'm happy with the progress!

JanAtheCPA, Velvet_Hidden and Hayley like this.
  2. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

I'm SO happy to hear your pain has ceased some since you start the program... I'd say continue to give focus to what makes you happy so the pain will continue to fade as you reprogram your mind that the TMS is no longer necessary for you :)

Keep it up!

jorgem12 likes this.
  3. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

Thanks Velvet_Hidden! It's definitely been a challenge and I've noticed that my symptoms shift pretty quickly from gastrointestinal to anxiety to my pain, to vision issues. I'll have to admit it scares me at times but I've noticed that it's only a cycle and a good thing that they shift which tells me I'm on the right path!