1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SEP Day 19

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jorgem12, Jan 8, 2020.

1. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

Since starting this program have you done anything that makes you proud? Where does this sense of achievement come from?

Yes, I have continued playing soccer regardless of my fears. Sometimes I feel a bit of pain and sometimes I don't. Usually at the end of the session I reinforce my proudness of myself that day. I also recently started practicing trying to reach my toes. Up until this week I could only reach my knees, now I could reach halfway between my knees and feet! I started the John Sarno books in October 2019 and started playing soccer again back then. I've had pain from sciatica and now its in my right glute and sometimes radiates down the right leg all the way to the foot but it's muscular pain not sciatica anymore. I'm proud that I've gotten to understand some of my personality traits that contribute to the symptoms, especially like today realizing i'm stoic. Little by little i'm understanding myself which is great.

ssxl4000, Aimee88 and Hayley like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Nice work!

jorgem12 likes this.