1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SEP 9 Are you critical of yourself?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Frankie1089, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Frankie1089

Frankie1089 Peer Supporter

I have always been critical with my self . My looks, my body, my doing thing the way they are supposed to be done. I'm critical of how I people please a lot. It hurts me when people don't like me.

Looking for space likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I get it Frankie! I can be critical that I am self-critical! Wow!!

It may be hugely helpful --it is for me-- to connect this powerful inner critic activity to symptoms/TMS. That is, you have great evidence of Tension down deep. Knowing this, and connecting this as the cause of symptoms can go a long way, even without having to "fix" anything psychologically. Next time you notice a symptom, you can simply acknowledge: Oh, this is a manifestation of my inner tension. I get this!

Andy

3. Frankie1089

Frankie1089 Peer Supporter

Thanks Andy!