1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Self regulation and scabs from old wounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

The TMS book Pathways to Pain Relief uses a lot of case histories to emphasize certain points or themes. Antoinette's case history demonstrated how one event in the present can, as Dr. Sherman put it, “tear open the scabs from previously healed wounds” and trigger TMS symptoms - in her case, debilitating back pain. It is our knowledge of the TMS process that can help us manage these situations and reduce the effect they have on our overall health.

For me, before I learned about TMS if I came upon a stressful situation it would completely consume me, and my symptoms would increase . However, now I handle these situations differently. By recognizing when I am TMSing, and can, as Alan routinely says during webinars, take a deep breath and begin to self-regulate. This can make all the difference in the world, especially in minimizing the effect old wounds can have in the present.

We will actually be discussing Antoinette's case history and the themes and questions it raises in our discussion group this Saturday, March 23rd. As usual, the discussion group will start at 2:00pm EST, and will run until 3:00pm. If you want you can read Antoinette's case history, which spans two short sections called “Childhood Experiences” and “Experiencing the Past in a New Way” in Pathways to Pain Relief.

eric watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

you are so right forest- we have to know what to do in those tight spots
    when we get hit out of the blue with a debilitating situation
    if your not prepared with tms therapy knowledge and you are tmsing
    well we know what happens then- skeecccch, ouch, why me!
    but if were prepared and have our wits about us as the 12 reminders reminds us
    then let the rocks roll- ill be ready.
    its so important to know this knowledge in our fight for freedom from
    what some thought could never be done- its real-(the cure)- and its working all the time

3. Forest

Just a reminder that we'll be talking about this, as well as how to experience our past in a new and healthy way, in the call-in discussion group tomorrow, Saturday March 23rd at 2pm EST. If you are free tomorrow afternoon, I encourage you to drop by for a great discussion!

If you're connecting by phone, simply dial 1 646 583 7415 and when prompted enter the pin code 21558901.
    If you're connecting via your computer, go to www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/app/48fb7aa8/18311499 and follow the instructions there.

For more info & detailed connection instructions click here.

eric watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

man forest I've missed out on some good group discussions cause
    I couldn't seem to get there by computer so ill phone in if possible
    thanks.
    oh and ill see about working through the system again
    thanks twice
    I guess its the goodist- I heal from being like that forest but it was also
    1 source that caused the tms I had to learn to balnce that trait ya know
    and when I did, all of nature renewed within me
    the sky became so clear and blue.

5. Forest

That's a beautiful quote, Eric,
    I sure hope you'll call in some time, perhaps this week. If you'd be up for it, perhaps you could share your thoughts on what is most helpful. I'd love to record it and put it up in the media center, if you are willing to share.

eric watson likes this.
  6. Forest

Perhaps you called in to late? The teleconference is from 2:00-3:00 PM New York Time every Saturday. Maybe we can try again next Saturday.

eric watson likes this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I did make it late-
    I will get through fuse or the phone this Saturday
    I watched the videos while I waited for a connection
    see my time above when I posted said 2:03
    im eastern time so I figured by the time I got home
    I was too late- wasn't meant for today- but nothing is
    stopping me from next Saturday- id love to share a lot
    the New York time is eastern standard same as Georgia right

god bless forest