1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Self Monitoring

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jun 5, 2013.

1. chickenbone

chickenbone Well known member

This sounds fantastically interesting, Quert. I am definitely going to get this book. I have read several books lately about Neuroscience and it is a fascinating subject. I am most definitely the hyper-self aware type and need to tone it down. In order to do that, I am trying to become intimately familiar with my internal sensations. It is really funny how the same thing works for those of us who are hyper self-aware and those of us who are not self-aware much at all.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

I just thought that I'd mention that anyone interested in this thread might be interested in tonight's Call-In Discussion group. As always, everyone is very welcome to come. In particular, Chickenbone, you certainly know a lot about this and have given great guidance to many of us. I don't know if you can make it, but I'd be thrilled if you could call in and join us. If you have a good internet connection, you can call in using your computer and just listen in or talk as well. Alternatively, if you have great telephone service, you can always call in. More details can be found in the announcement post.

The official description is, "For this week's call-in discussion group on Tuesday June 25th, we'll be discussing just this: how to feel your feelings. We'll be looking at the Feel Your Feelings step from Alan Gordon's TMS Recovery Program as well as three threads from the forum that discuss this topic: page 3 of The Importance of Addressing Childhood Issues, UnknownStuntman's The right way of "Focusing " on bodily sensations thread, and my Self Monitoring thread."

I hope you can join us, but if not, you can always listen afterward, as it will be recorded as usual.

3. chickenbone

chickenbone Well known member

I will be sure to listen to these, Forest. I need to make a trip to Boquete today, but I am going to try to figure a way to take part in some of the discussions even though we have a lot of problems with our internet and phone service here. I am thinking of using a friend's house in town.

Forest likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

So glad to hear it! It will be fun to have a chance to actually hear your voice. :)