1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking MBS/TMS Psychotherapist for Remote Sessions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ARP, Jan 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ARP

ARP New Member

Hi everyone,

I have tried searching the site but I do not see a database for this specific question. I am desperately seeking a psychotherapist specializing in MBS/TMS/PPD but it is proving very difficult to find in the location where I live (Saskatchewan, Canada).

I understand this database exists: https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist (Find a TMS Doctor or Therapist)

but I also know a number of the people listed on there do not even see patients one-on-one anymore.

Are there any therapist affiliated with TMS Wiki who are doing remote psychotherapy for TMS/MBS patients? Has anyone here done this, and would they recommend their therapist? Given COVID, I feel like many more people are offering services remotely. I am struggling to find a practitioner whose knowledge and ideology aligns with my own, but maybe someone here knows if there is a TMS Pyschotherapist/Psychologist/Social Worker directory who would be willing to do sessions by Zoom, Webex, or phone, etc.

Thank you so much!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi ARP,

There are some therapists who are members and post here, but they may not be reading this. Maybe you'll get a response soon. I do coaching, but not therapy!

Andy

3. braveheart

braveheart Peer Supporter

You might want to check out the Pain Psychology Center. The executive director is Alan Gordon, who created the structured educational program on the wiki. Even before the pandemic their counselors saw patients for TMS counseling via telemedicine who did not live in California where they are located. I have not used them but have heard good things about them. www.painpsychologycenter.com.