1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Seasonal Allergies = TMS ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by leomessi45, Mar 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. leomessi45

leomessi45 Peer Supporter

Both me and my mother suffer from this. In recent years I haven't so much but I honeslty believe my TMS went from allergies to back pain so thats why. When I was 13 my allergies were so bad the teacher had to remove me from the class because I was wheezing too much and I was put on a nebulizer, inhaler and a gazillion medications. It was awful.

Dr. Sarno mentions that allergic rhinitis is a part of the TMS but I'm still confused as to what I should do as allergy season is coming up. I'll probably take medication just to be on the safe side but it really does make me wonder can I beat this using the TMS approach?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Your immune system is on high alter due to TMS all year long. Once pollens show up, your allergies begin. Mine went away once I recovered from TMS. However, there are times that I start sneezing and know it's more due to tension than pollens or some other environmental factor. You can try stress rediction techniques. They soothe the tension and can help. However, keep working on it psychologically for a more better results.