1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Rsi, tendinitis forearm tightness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Danie1988, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Danie1988

Danie1988 New Member

Hi all i was looking for some words of encouragement if there is such, i joined this group a few months back and have read multiple books on tms i fully understand the concepts and 99.9 percent believe in this as no doctor as given me a definitive diagnoses, i decided to try get on with life and carry on with work but it seems the more ive tried the worse the pain im having in my wrists and thumbs and even in the rest of my joints im starting to feel a little disheartened now, i read that once people carry what they stopped the pain slowly fades away, mine seems to be doing the opposite n hurts even more i just wonder wether im doing more damage by increasing my physical activity? If anyone could give me any advice i would be much thankful.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Danie1998,

If you don't have a physical cause for the pain ---and I guess you've eliminated that as best you can (with no definitive diagnosis), then how can increased use be dangerous? It can feel scary, and symptoms can arise, but fear and pain are trademarks of TMS. It might help to re-frame this experience as "of course this is TMS, this is what it is like!" Rather than re-enforce the worry that you're physically stricken.

There is no perfect formula for doing this TMS work, but if reading is the main practice so far, then I would strongly recommend the SEP. Most people need to engage in inquiry, meditation, journaling, etc. to deepen the learning.

I encourage you to deepen your work in any way this seems right for you. And don't give up!!!

3. Danie1988

Danie1988 New Member

Hi andy

thank you for your reply ive actually began doing skype work with a tms therapist last week and start off shes just outlined what ive already read, i just dont understand why i feel like symptoms are getting worse il keep on working at it though appreciate the reply thank you.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I am glad you have personal professional help. I especially urge you to relax and have confidence! Working with fear through basic breath practice, attending to pleasures or pleasing things are probably helpful, while your work takes deeper hold.