1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Review of Latest Arthritis Studies

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I got a google alert for an article summarizing year end results of studies on arthritis that I'm supplying a link to for those bored with the holidaze partying and shopping. I scanned it quickly and it sounds like nothing new under the sun from the medical/industrial/pharmacal/snake-oyl complex. To me, this signifies that TMS is the great undiscovered black-hole for the future of pain relief--TMS, morphine and weight-loss. It also reconfirmed that glucosamine-chrondroitin, which is widely advertised, sold and swallowed has no benefits according to the latest Canadian study (and the Canadians have the best studies, short of the Europeans--the RCMP wouldn't lie. I've probably swallowed my weight in g-c's, in the past with no benefits except for placebo. Too bad they don't make them in a chewable gummy bear form, then it wouldn't have been such a total waste of time and money.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Rheumatology/Arthritis/49224

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Tennis Tom, do you suffer from any form of arthritis if I may ask?

3. Tennis Tom

"Significant arthritis of the right hip", dx'ed by two TMS Sarno trained doctors, Dr. Bruce Eisenberg and Dr. David Schechter. Advised to get a hip-replacement sooner then later, that was about 10 years ago--so I guess it's later.

4. mike2014

Thanks for your response.

Wow, so would I be right to say you have treated it with the TMS approach and its shown signs of improvement in this time?

5. Tennis Tom

No actually at the moment it feels as painful as it ever has, but once I get on the tennis court it loosens up. I was able to hit tennis balls for three hours yesterday. I recently had a new procedure about a month ago a cold wave RFA that kills the nerve where the pain comes from--no results so far from it. I am open minded to a hip-replacement someday. I do banish TMS aches and pains on a daily basis and don't let the pain prevent me from doing whatever I want.

mike2014 likes this.
  6. mike2014

It certainly sounds like you have taken control by still doing the things you love. I hope you find something that works for you and eases the pain.

God bless you my friend.

7. Tennis Tom

http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ACR/48641

This article was interesting, my kindly old doctor now retired would always remind me to stop running because it was bad for the body. I would ignore him and this studies proves him wrong. I did 13 marathons and years of shorter runs and daily training without a twinge of hip or knee pain that I can recall. This study shows running is GOOD for the knees and my doc although well meaning was wrong. As Walt Stack, founder of the SF DSE Runners said, "Start slowly and taper off."

mike2014 likes this.
  8. mike2014

That's great article - thanks for sharing, its good that you made your own decisions, I'm sure it has only helped reduce your fear.