1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Restless Leg syndrome (RLS)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Archie, May 6, 2018.

1. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

Hi, the reason I have started reading all about Dr. Sarno's approach is because I have RLS which does not respond well to much and appears to be worsening. I also know that when I am stressed, angry or very anxious, it gets much worse. If anyone has any insights as to whether this is a TMS, please post a reply - I am pretty sure it has to be as there is nothing wrong with my legs ; it is a horrible, very distressing conditions,and ANY suggestions or help would be very welcome. Other than believing dr Sarno's approach, I haven't started any programmes yet. thankyou

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Archie,

Welcome to the Forum!

I had RLS as one of my many symptoms of TMS. It is gone now. It went gradually along with the rest of my TMS symptoms by using TMS healing techniques. I know how bothersome it can be, as it often seemed to keep me awake. It became much worse when I stopped taking Tramadol for pain. The only thing that helped me with the symptom was a suggestion I read on a medical website, which was to sleep with a pillow between my legs while laying on my side. I was able to fall asleep this way.

Otherwise, I suggest doing one of the free programs on this site and seeing if that helps treat the cause, which if it is TMS, is psychological.

Best wishes.........

3. colls100

colls100 Well known member

10000000% TMS and mine has gone away :)

And agree with the above, sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs for now but trust that it will go away

4. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

Thankyou. You have given me hope !

5. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

Thankyou :)