1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Q&A Research Status

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Sandra Nick, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Sandra Nick

Sandra Nick New Member

I am researching a hip replacement for my paper report which deals with real human experiences on how they deal from surgery to recovery. Can some of you here who wants to share your experiences? As well as dealing with legal rights as a human being?

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't know anything about the forensic issues myself of course. But from what I've heard in and around the San Francisco dance community, all the dancers who've gone for total hip replacement surgery have wound up messed up down the pipe when they tried to continue dancing at the same level as pre-op. I'm sure the orthopedic surgeons will give you glowing reports, but the word out on the street among ballet dancers is: Don't! Don't do it!

3. Sandra Nick

Sandra Nick New Member

What kind of hip replacement device they took?

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, I know that metal on metal is supposed to work better than metal on bone, at least for high-impact activities. But Dr. Mow at SOAR told me that even with the best artificial hips replacements out there, running is still a no-no. Call SOAR and ask!