1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Requested: TMS/MBS Illustrations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gigalos, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

During the last 6 months I have read some great things on the mechanism of TMS/MBS and how to break it.

However, an old wise Chinese man or woman once said: a painting is worth a thousand words.

What I am looking for is a drawing, diagram, cartoon, illustration or whatever that catches the core and can act as a reminder you can hang on the door of your bathroom. It might even be a short story of a tree deprived of water or a cat stroked in the wrong direction if you catch my drift, as mentioning the title or main character might be enough to be instantly remembered of what you need to work on.

So, if you know of such an example or if you feel you can create such a thing, please post it here.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Michelangelo's God and Adam painting in the Sistine chapel.
    I can't attach or download it but you can find it on the Internet.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Gigalos, you might like the poem, TMS Experience, written by a patient of Georgie Oldfield's. I found it on the TMS And The Arts page. There's also a story and song there.

I know that it is very silly, but I really like the following image:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/File:Leaping_Lamb.jpg
    (Larger version)
    TMS, for me, is about learning that we do not have to be afraid of our fear, and about relishing the freedom that comes with that realization. The lamb in the picture has a long road behind him or her, but to know that the pain will eventually be healed and that your body isn't fragile is very liberating.

Oh! I just thought of a couple of other images. We've made four so far for our Facebook Page. Here are two: (you might know the people who spoke them!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We've got two more in the images section of our Facebook page. One of them is from Plum! All four can be found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/ppdtms/photos_stream

Also, here is a very powerful image made by someone using Alan Gordon's approach of using self compassion for the inner child to stand up to the inner critic:
    [​IMG]
    Finally, the PPD/TMS Peer Network (the 501(c)3 nonprofit behind this forum and the rest of the TMS Wiki's programs) also has a color laser printer to print out full color images cheaply. If you would like a printout of one of these, you can just send me your address via a personal conversation, and I'd be happy to mail it to you.​

plum likes this.
  4. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Great stuff guys, love it.
    Also the song by Alan Gordon at the arts page made me laugh.
    The sheep deserves some credit too, thanx Forest, wonderful picture.

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Glad you liked what we came up with. :)

6. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I posted this on tmshelp (get me outta here)* and shall repost here because it is lovely.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/92281844?width=800

For those rightly cautious of links, fret not. It takes you safely to a book called 'Guardians of Being'. It's a devotion to nature and our animal friends with words by Eckhart Tolle. It is truly charming, cute and above all, sage. Hope you sweet souls enjoy it.

*Brit reference(?) to stoopid tv show, relevant to how one can easily feel over at 'the bar' aka tmshelp.