1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Relief from Tooth Ache

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by FredAmir, Jul 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi all,

It was Friday evening when one of my front teeth (tooth #7) began to ache. It was a throbbing pain. It was 8 out of 10 level pain.

Here I was right before a long 4th of July weekend and my tooth hurts a lot. Knowing my dentist was most likely away until Wednesday, the last thing I wanted to do was to see a different dentist. For that matter, as much as I like my dentists, to see a dentist at all!

Was it TMS or something else?

I had been eating a lot of summer fruits: figs, watermelons, even dried apricots. This was much more carbs that I usually eat. Could this be why? So, the first thing I did was to eliminate all fruits and carbs out of my diet.

Additionally, I placed ½ teaspoon of colloid silver in my mouth and held it on my tooth for a few minutes. Colloidal silver is a powerful antibiotic and if any of my pain was due to bacterial activity, I hoped silver would stop that.

I could not sleep well because of a toothache but by Saturday afternoon I noticed some improvement in the level of pain and sensitivity. I continued to avoid carbs and place the silver on my tooth every 1/2 hour or so.

By Sunday, the pain was down to a 3 out of 10 and by Monday it was gone.

So here I am on July 4th and I am celebrating my freedom from a toothache!

But seriously, was this TMS or too many sweets or bacterial activity? Not sure, but I am glad that for now it is gone.

I hope this will bring you relief if you are ever in a similar situation and need relief from a toothache without medications.

Happy 4th everyone!

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

my two cents...
    When one of my upper teeth hurt, I go looking for trigger points in my temporalis muscle. If I find one and I find some relief by treating it, I know it is TMS 99% of the times and I'll leave it alone.
    I find it hard to believe that using col.silver can deal with a real bacterial infection of your tooth, because those infections are located inside or under the tooth and are therefore impossible to reach....

3. FredAmir

Good points. When I was first researching colloidal silver I read reviews of people who used CS for a toothache or abscess and it worked for them. So that's how I got the idea. I know those silver nanoparticles do get absorbed but how deep not sure. I will ask my dentist and will definitely check my temporalis muscle if I have a toothache again.

Fortunately, it no longer hurts!

4. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Fred,

I have absolutely had a toothache, usually one of the top front teeth, from eating dried fruit and even too much vitamin C as citric acid. It may have gone away once the high sugar acids washed out of your system. I hope this is true.

Keep us posted.

Marcia

5. FredAmir

Hi Marcia,

I had read about raised blood sugar and tooth ache, so that why I stop eating fruits and doing very well now.

Thanks,

MWsunin12 likes this.
  6. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

It seems like this discussion is straying pretty far from TMS and is looking for physical causes for the pain. That's ok, but I'm not sure if that is the point of this message board.

Here is what the National Institutes of Health says about Colloidal silver:
    Colloidal silver consists of tiny silver particles in a liquid.
    It’s sometimes promoted on the Internet as a dietary supplement, but evidence supporting health-related claims is lacking.
    It can be dangerous to your health.

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/silver (Colloidal Silver)

7. FredAmir

Hi Cap'n Spanky (cool name, by the way),

TMS can manifest itself in many ways including "atypical odontalgia." That's why I brought up the topic to both, share what worked for me and see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Dr. Sarno talks about his toothache as a TMS symptom in The Mindbody Prescription. He refers to an experience with dental nerve pain on p. 88, commencing " A number of years ago..."

The first time I hear about colloidal silver, I was quite skeptical too. But after much research that I found to be safe and very effective. I have come to use it with good results for many years stys, colds, and so on. You can read about my research on it on my blog.

http://www.fredamir.com/single-post/2016/08/27/Colloidal-Silver-for-Infections-and-More (rapidrecovery)

MWsunin12 likes this.
  8. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Hi Fred,

I also had tooth ache on July 4th in 2013, a similar story to yours, here is the post.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9118

What came out of it was:
    My incorrect belief kept it there.
    Over attention and worrying kept it there.
    To this day I never did get the root canal 4 years later

9. FredAmir

That's amazing Andy.

The first time I had "root canal" symptoms, my dentist who had recovered from back pain seeing me recover from mine and knew all about TMS, said it was most likely TMS.

But symptoms did not go away and kept getting worse and I ended up with my first root canal.

So it is really good to know that it's possible to avoid it.