1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Relationship between TMS-recovery and dreaming

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by SebastianM, Mar 10, 2017.

1. SebastianM

SebastianM Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

I am on my way to analyze my psychology with a psychotherapist. Since I read much about TMS and started SEP I made big progress. I am happier, more in the current moment and so on.. I mostly ignore any pain and focus on my thoughts, emotions and habits.

Dealing with my psychology has shown me that I developed self-destructive habits during the last 10 years. By recognizing them I am able to change them step by step. But it costs much energy and I am often tired and activities lead to fatigue. That's okay because in a few days, weeks, months, years.. I will have changed my habits and am constantly in my inner middle with focus on the current moment and my REAL needs and emotions.

Now I come to my question:
    I have extreme wearing dreams. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and feel completely leached out. I dream of current and past situations and meanwhile feel strong emotions. I realize that in my dreams the old habits/thinking and the new ones are mixed. It seems that my brain reprograms itself like a computer that is formatting over night.

Does anyone of you have experiences with similiar situations concerning habits, thinking and dreaming/sleeping.

It would be great to hear from you :).

Greetings
    Sebastian

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, I've seen a correlation between changes I'm consciously making in my thinking, feeling, and behavior and the types of dreams I have. I see dreams as shedding some light on what is going on in our unconscious. The latest research on the purpose of sleep states that it is the way our brains consolidate learning, so your metaphor of the brain formatting itself like a computer is very appropriate.

You are off to a great start! Good luck on your healing journey......

3. SebastianM

SebastianM Peer Supporter

Hi Ellen,

thanks for your answer :). Did you try to analyze your dreams?

Thank you so much :).

Greetings
    Sebastian

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes. They are source of insight into our unconscious. I can't always make sense of them, but usually they hint at something that needs to be addressed.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.