1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Relapse & anxiety

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MicheleRenee, Apr 25, 2017.

1. MicheleRenee

MicheleRenee Peer Supporter

Hello all... I started TMS in january because I had started suffering with pelvic pain sept off and on and then really badly in december. TMS was working taking my pain levels way down, i was able to sit again, i got to a point where I had 3 pain free days then BAM i had a crazy panic attack a couple weeks ago and ever since then I haven't been able to get my CNS to calm down... deep breathing, etc. my mind is just going crazy. not even with "bad" TMS thoughts, but more just obsessing over TMS in general and any little thought just sends my CNS off the wall and my thought get away from me. I had everything so well under control. I know this is just another TMS strategy but now I'm losing sleep and always feel on edge and my symptoms are creeping back up. It's all due to the fact that I put way too much pressure on myself to "lose the fear" rather than let that come naturally. I'm very stuck and am wondering if anyone has used medication for a short period of time to calm their nervous system down. I KNOW i can do this if my CNS just calms itself down a bit, but it's very hard to keep on going when my mind is starting to make me feel more and more desperate everyday. Thanks for advice. xoxo

2. kld03c

kld03c Peer Supporter

Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. I've been in your position many times and know how difficult it can be. You're on the right track and this process takes time. One source that has been incredibly helpful is the book hope and help for your nerves by Claire Weekes. I've got the audio book on my iPhone and had to use it a few months ago on a plane ride when my anxiety was off the charts. It's very reassuring to listen to during those times.
    Create a self care plan of things that calm and relax you. A few examples of mine are restorative yoga classes, epsom salt baths, meditation (takes practice), gratitude journaling, massage, accupuncture, Tara Brach podcasts and regular meetings with my TMS therapist.
    At the heart of it all, you have to fully accept where you are without judgment which is hard but gets easier with time.

3. MicheleRenee

MicheleRenee Peer Supporter

Hi kld03c Thank you so much for your response. Yes that acceptance thing. that seems to be my biggest barrier maybe because I havent had my symptoms for very long although I know it is TMS and i believe it 100%, I have less faith in myself than i thought. Clearly something I need to explore. But I do need to do some self care stuff. That's what I need right now until I cna calm myself down.