1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Recognizing Destructive Behaviors & Identifying Their Sources - Discussion Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Self-awareness is a crucial part of overcoming TMS. And like many things, learning to be kind to yourself (which Alan Gordon identifies as “the underlying message of Part II” of his recovery program) requires a great deal of self-awareness. Being able to recognize and understand our behaviors and attitudes towards ourselves is extremely helpful once we “take action” and start to change how we treat ourselves.

During the call-in discussion group on Tuesday, July 9th, we’ll be looking at two of the steps in Alan Gordon’s recovery program that help us become more aware of when we treat ourselves poorly (Step 3.2 -Recognize Destructive Behaviors) and identify where those behaviors come from (Step 3.3 - Identify Source of Abuse).

As always, the official discussion starts at 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT. I’ll also be opening up the call half an hour early for anyone who wants to do a casual check-in. I hope to see you there!

Forest

---------

IMPORTANT: for those of you calling in on the phone, the connection details are different! I encourage you all to log into the chat room at www.tmswiki.org/chat as well (in general, it’s a good idea, but especially for this Tuesday) as well, so you can receive technical support if necessary.

Quick connection information (click here for more details):
    • If you're connecting by phone, dial 1 347 817 7654 and when prompted enter the meeting number 18311499, followed by the pound key ( # )
    • If you are connecting via your computer, the details are the same as before: go to www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/app/48fb7aa8/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.
    ---​
    This post is for announcement purposes only. To discuss the call-in discussion groups about the recovery program, visit this thread, located in the Alan Gordon Recovery Program subforum.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Just a reminder, the discussion group on steps 3.2 and 3.3 of Alan Gordon's recovery program is tonight. As always, feel free to call in 30 minutes early for an informal check-in. The official discussion will start at 9pm ET/6pm PT.

REMEMBER: for those of you calling in on the phone, the connection details are different! I encourage you all to log into the chat room at www.tmswiki.org/chat as well, so you can receive technical support if necessary. See the above post for details, or visit go.tmswiki.org/connect for more information.

Hope to see you there!

Forest

---​
    This post is for announcement purposes only. To discuss the call-in discussion groups about the recovery program, visit this thread, located in the Alan Gordon Recovery Program subforum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.