1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Recent article about pain and recovery

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by thecomputer, Aug 2, 2017.

1. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

plum likes this.
  2. pspa

pspa Well known member

To me, the common theme running through everything i have read and heard that makes sense is, dont try to fix it. Simple concept yet it can be exceedingly hard to apply.

3. thecomputer

Yeah it's incredibly hard to do when you are suffering!

4. Everly

Everly Peer Supporter

But it worries me that the guy in article still has pain. I commented on similar post in Facebook TMS group - I dont want to lear to live with pain, I ultimately want no pain, except for the rare relapse for a day or two.

5. thecomputer

Yeah but he obviously had lots of reservations about the things he needed to do to get better. It seemed he was very early on in the process of recovering, and had to deal with a lot od doubt like we all do. But he had a huge reduction in pain, and that's positive.

plum and Everly like this.