1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Ready for healing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by sheilbanana, Jul 22, 2019.

1. sheilbanana

sheilbanana Newcomer

I have suffered from IBS-D symptoms and itchy skin/hives/ rashes as far back as I can remember. Different times in my life have added other symptoms such as back pain and fatigue. The last four years have been the most severe and debilitating. I have chased diet after restricting diet, limiting myself to the point of malnutrition. Functional medicine doctors, general practitioners, nutritionists, geneticists, OBGYN, allergists... etc. Thousands of dollars in testing. New diagnosis with each visit. (you all know the drill, I'm sure!). About a year ago I started to just accept that pain was my lot in life and focused my efforts on ways to control it. My goal was to have a monk-like tolerance to the pain if I couldn't make it go away. That led me to curable, which I resigned to use if only to change how I experienced pain. I never accepted that I could actually make the pain go away. I don't know what changed, or when, but I'm ready now. I've been reading all the books and it just all clicked. TMS is me. This is my story. And I can change it. I'm finally ready.

ssxl4000 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy...my TMS started with IBS-C...then led to other things. My symptoms are definitely better now! I am having more and more "remissions". With each one, it becomes more clear that my symptoms are completely psychological, as the symptoms come and go despite no significant changes to my diet. The best part is getting rid of all that nonsense about food sensitivities. Eat what you want! (assuming you have no true allergies). Good luck!

3. sheilbanana

sheilbanana Newcomer

I'm so glad to hear you're healing, it gives me hope! I am SO looking forward to eating what I want. I'm taking it slow (years of fear over what I eat has taken a toll) but I had tomatoes this week for the first time in at least a year-- heaven! I hope you have continued success.