1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

rah!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by cherrybomb, Apr 13, 2013.

1. cherrybomb

cherrybomb Peer Supporter

My hubby is being supportive of tms and he said it feels very intuitive to him, he's learning about it to for me but he is a 'scientist' at heart - a truth seeker he would say (and im not?) and i was just reading an interesting study out about whiplash from shubiners book and his only reply was , "small samppe size though". I mean i dont get it dont make me question or doubt this new info! why do that?! He says he is being objective he wants to know all the evidence first but he's acting like he does when we talk about God, me God is real him where is the evidence. Gah. I was agnostic when we met and very anti religion but i since had some amazing life changing moments that have completely changed my mind on the God question - i digress.

Am i being unfair? should i just expect to do this on my own? x

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Another great question, CB!

Some people do end up doing this on their own, others have extremely supportive partners, friends or family members. I have only one local friend who immediately got on the bandwagon, others are interested, but not committed - and one of my best friends thinks it's all woo-woo. She was the one who wanted me to get an MRI so I could join her in getting steroid shots in my neck. Instead, my neck pain went away. Bummer for her.

I was just reading another thread where the poster was being encouraged to slow down, relax, and let the healing take its own time. I would say that this applies to your question - which is to have patience. When your husband sees the results, he will believe.

In the meantime, if he's interested in a really well-written and fascinating exploration of the mind-body connection, he should check out "The Anatomy of Hope" by Jerome Groopman, MD, who writes frequently for the New Yorker. The last third of the book is an overview of the many studies being conducted by the medical and scientific communities on this subject - which makes me hopeful that things could be changing.

Jan

3. cherrybomb

cherrybomb Peer Supporter

ooh thanks i bet he'd like that one

4. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

Hi cherrybomb - firstly I would like to apologise if this sounds too bullyish ( is that a real word?), but I feel very strongly about this. I would advise your husband to take off his scientist's hat and not question what you are doing. I do understand that he is meaning well, but it is so hard to be in your situation and keep the faith yourself, that I believe he needs to support you unconditionally. His life - as well as yours - will be SO greatly improved when you are free from pain. And I have no doubt you will be. Make your healing the proof he needs - good luck.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

I release the need to be well by a certain date. I have set things in motion and that is more than enough

Like this line, by the way.

JanAtheCPA likes this.