1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Rage / anger

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Jan 3, 2023.

Tags:
  1. mbo

mbo Well known member

TG957 likes this.
  2. ComaDivine34

ComaDivine34 Peer Supporter

@mbo thank you for the post. I have recently started to look into healing my inner child. I was taught directly and indirectly that anger is not ok. Directly by my parents and indirectly from some experiences I have had. For instance, I was bullied in school but luckily I was tall and well built so I could stand up for myself. When I finally got he courage to stand up for myself and fight back, the bullies would act like I was overreacting so I thought the rage was incorrect.. My brother also had anger issues and attended anger management, this indirectly taught me that I am not supposed to be angry and I should just do whatever my parents tell me. I highly recommend everyone to work on their inner child and recognize these harmful behaviors.

3. mbo

mbo Well known member

Dr. Sarno said that just 2 (two!) of the thousands and thousands of his patients reacted with extreme and fatal violence when they discovered and felt the rage buried in his/her subconscious. So, feeling anger is not dangerous, unbearable and "incorrect", ...but it is the healthy and effective way to stop TMS pain.

TG957 and ComaDivine34 like this.
  4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Exactly! Be aware of your anger and know that it is OK to feel it, but at the same time understand that it is not OK to violently and irrationally act upon it - and you will be pain free. The main trick is how to safely "walk" the angry feelings through your system and dispose of them.