1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

R E L A P S E

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Harzee, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Harzee

Harzee Peer Supporter

For over a year I had every symptom and test under the sun. The people on this forum helped me a lot!

My most bothersome symptoms were burning, tingling, crawling, prickling, numbness, hypersensitive nerve like pain (like I soaked in A535 rub). I also had extremely sore elbows (BOTH). It came and went and affected different areas of my body at different times. In fact, it changes minute by minute...

I have seen Rhumetologists, Neurologists, Holistic medicine, Chiropractors, Accupunturists, GPs...I have had MRIs of brain and spinal cord, tilt tests, small fiber neuropathy test, EMGs, blood work like crazy, ultrasounds, xrays, you name it...all normal.

After searching and obsessing about my symptoms, I just stopped altogether and decided to just live my life and eventually the symptoms all disappeared. They were gone for five months and I was sooooo happy.

The past few weeks, they are back with a vengeance and I feel so defeated and discouraged.

Have you seen people relapse? What causes this? What can I do to get better again? Is this evidence of stress illness? Will this always be my life?

CAN I GET BETTER AGAIN? DO I NEED TO REPEAT ALL OF THESE TESTS? I DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN THIS RABBIT HOLE AGAIN, BUT NOW I AM SCARED I HAVE A NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE THAT COMES AND GOES.

Thank you for listening to me.

2. embodydami

embodydami New Member

I have absolutely had relapse of symptoms and they show up as different types of pain all the time. What was going on in your life when the symptoms started back up again?? TMS stems from the subconscious and our subconscious needs repetition. You might just have to remind yourself of all the things that worked for you the first time when your symptoms left. Its probably your body testing you and trying to distract you again from your emotions because it thinks you need it

3. drlecter

drlecter New Member

I had relapses once on a while, for me the best way to overcome it is ignore the pain and don't fear to do anything you like, be strong!!!
    You will be healthy soon, trust me!!!
    TMS is like ex-girlfriend that just want to re-appear in your life to bother your peace hehehe