1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Quick question

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by fbcoach, Jan 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fbcoach

fbcoach Peer Supporter

I will share more of my story lveryater on tonight. For now, here's my question....I have been progressing for the past 3 years with good success. In the last 6 months, I have been under extreme stress, and as a result, it has undone the progress I have made. My body is hurting all over. I know this is psychological, but I can't seem to get myself out of it. I am still exercising, but not as much, due to slow recovery and lack of sleep. What are some suggestions? Thank you in advance for all your help!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi fbcoach,

If you use Dr. Sarno's approach, you might ask, with care and attunement: "What is my Inner Child feeling about _________________(stress, pressure, internal pressure, expectations, lack of freedom, etc)?

Then be with this response with empathy and understanding. Rage, helplessness, etc. How can you do for yourself what you're parents were not able to do, and what your personality has learned to not do, for those younger parts?

And connect this to TMS theory.

Andy B

3. fbcoach

fbcoach Peer Supporter

Thank you Andy. I always appreciate your well thought out responses. I will be more specific in another thread.