1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Questions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lotus, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Lotus

Lotus New Member

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? Yesterday. What was this activity? Went for a walk. How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? Stressed because my foot was hurting so badly.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

and..... when your foot hurt - what was your mind doing? Were you thinking about work or family or a relationship? What happened before the walk?
    Were there any triggers present? Did you feel pushed or hounded into something ? Did someone say something that played on your mind? Were you stressing about a deadline - imposed or your own?
    Did you set out for the walk expecting your foot to hurt? Are you resistent to the ideas set out in the SEP?

All these things may be a part of your pain... or the cause of your pain. Only you can work out the answers and solve the case!! Just spend a bit of time noticing what you think before contemplating a walk or other activity? See what pops up, take not of it, maybe journal something about it. Sometimes stuff can pop up out of nowhere and we realise we are really affected by it - the foot pain is to cover up the real stress/emotional/psychological pain beneath....
    Good luck in finding the answers...

Jane G, Ellen and Lotus like this.
  3. Lotus

Lotus New Member

Wow, all really good questions. Very insightful.

I’m guessing I was in fear before my walk which obviously isn’t helpful. Doesn’t help that I was with my abusive husband and walking in a bad area.

I’m struggling to use tools and do the program because of my brain fog and that makes me angry which I know is part of the problem. The brain fog and chronic fatigue might be a message that I need to rest and that I might be resistant to both because of the expectations I have of myself and the people pleasing.

I was probably angry that I “had” to go on the walk. I’ve wanted to rest and enjoy life my whole life but everyone has always put so much pressure on me and I, in turn, have put pressure on myself. I’ve been around narcissists my whole life. It’s all I know. They act like I was put on this earth to take care of them and clean up their messes and I probably resent that.

In hindsight I’ve probably been angry my whole life. I always had to be the “good little girl“ to make the family look good, to cover up what was going on behind closed doors, to make my mother look good. No wonder I’m with an abusive addict. And I am just as angry with him as I was towards my mother, stepfather, stepsiblings, bullies, abusers, narcissists, biological father, etc. I’ve always been at the bottom of the totem pole. I have a lot to unravel.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  4. angeloflove

angeloflove Newcomer

I wonder how to move again without expecting the painful areas to hurt. I'm having a hard time in not dealing with the pain b.c things hurt.