1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Questions for Steve

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

A few days ago I announced that we will be having a special webinar with Steve Ozanich on Saturday from 3-5 PM EST or longer. If any of you have any questions that you would like to ask Steve about his book, The Great Pain Deception, or about TMS and how to get better, feel free to post it below. The webinar will last two to three hours, so we have plenty of time to cover a wide range of topics.

Any one who has read Steve's book knows how powerful it is. This is a great opportunity to be able to ask him specific questions about TMS and how to get better.

Alternatively I am also just looking for people who might want to come on the line and chat about TMS, and their experiences. If you are interested in this either post below or send me a quick personal message. Also check out the Announcement on how to connect.

When discussing this Steve specifically said he was looking forward to getting in deeper with people, possibly talking about the importance of childhood issues, and about what TMS teaches us about life. It should be a really great talk. Hopefully a lot of you will be able to make it!

2. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

I'm planning on being there. I haven't read Steve's book yet, but it is on its way to me. :)

3. Michael Reinvented

Michael Reinvented Peer Supporter

Hi Forest,

I am most interested in Steve's "NIKE moment" from his book, and how force of will to exercise actually set him back. Lots of movement but no healing happened for ? 12 mths.

HOW does one get a sense of what (activity/exercise) to do and when to do it? My body and brain just aren't in sync yet...!

Thanks for your efforts, brother. MR

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I know what you mean Michael. When I had my TMS "relapse" in 2007-2008 I went into attack mode and did Pilates, lifted weights, and went out and bicycled in the pouring rain 20 or 30 miles each and every day. No dice, no real improvement. In fact, my sciatica got worse (of course!) Looking back, I can see now that my manic energy and structured exercises were really an expression of my hyper, obsessive state of mind at the time of my relapse. I was just feeding the beast, giving it more and more energy and sure enough it hurt more and more the more I obsessed. Today, in comparison, as my TMS pain has gone down, so has my manic energy level. Lately, I've been getting much lazier and more able to just plain waste time without feeling like I have to fill every waking moment with productive activity or exercise. But as I relax, the TMS pain likewise seems to be releasing its hold over me. Just seems to be changing without my having to get all revved up and will it to change. The smarter you get about how mind-body works and how your unconscious emotions are affecting you and giving you symptoms, the more you're able to stand apart from the process and separate your real self from it.