1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 18 Question to Ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Believer, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

This is actually day 18….
    Emotions most prevalent in my journal entries so far are helpless, powerless, abused/taken advantage of, shame, and aloneness. I still don’t have a firm handle on what specifically triggers my TMS. I was fairly pain free for a couple months and it came back on Jan 1 or 2. Diving in again on the program because I think it really helps to take time to give thought and voice to the prompts offered in the program.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I often feel like things that come up when I write aren't that big a deal, but sometimes I'll also realize that one has perhaps been creating a lot of mindless rumination recently. Once I reflect a little more deeply about my related emotions, the rumination either goes away or turns into an occasional thought that I can accept with self-compassion, and let go.

Ultimately, focusing on finding "the" trigger is just another distraction which does not serve us. Just write stuff down, with no goal other than to get it out on paper.

BTW, as per Nicole Sachs' advice, I scribble on old notebook paper and throw it out when the sheet is full. I find that not keeping it is very therapeutic. But that's me.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

Good advice. Thank you :)