1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 Question to ponder...what bit helped most

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by PastCoderGamer, Jul 8, 2017.

1. PastCoderGamer

PastCoderGamer Newcomer

I had read The Mindbody Prescription on the advice of a coworker many years before when suffering from tendonitis, and I mostly believed it at the time (and had passed the book on with positive results). This time around, I have carpal tunnel. I spent weeks in a 'let me figure out my rage' state, along with some hand therapy and stretching. I stayed pretty static...not in that much pain, but always in braces and always worried that it wasn't getter better. So I started reading The Mindbody Prescription again, and it helped some, but not much. A week or two later I found tmswiki (searching for TMS and RSI), and a few days after that I read the TMS Recovery Program Section here. At that was the big turning point for me, most critically the text and audio recording around "Working Towards Outcome Independence." I had read (and re-read) Sarno talking about the fear factor, but it didn't fully land until I read/heard it there. It's what got me to believe it was ok to start doing more and more stuff without the braces, and that has made a massive difference.

jaumeb likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. I'm so glad you have discovered TMS and read Dr. Sarno. It really is true, that our emotions play a big part in our physical and emotional health. Probably the major part. Follow the SEProgram every day and do the jornaling to discover emotions you very likely have been repressing. They often go back to our youth.