1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 37 Question to ponder: Self-care

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by If 6 was 9, Apr 23, 2017.

1. If 6 was 9

If 6 was 9 Peer Supporter

The question to ponder today is what I would like to do after I graduate from the SEP to show that I care about myself?

Maybe return to my creativity in music which I've pretty much abandoned to allow for the time needed to complete this course.

But to be honest, the reading today hardly applied to me at all. I've always been good at doing things purely for pleasure. I'm a dad of two kids who 12 and 17 so I don't have to be doing stuff for them any more, they amuse themselves at these ages.

As I was doing the reading I was wondering whether a questionnaire could be put together which identified "What brand of TMSer are you?".

I do have goodism traits, but more about how I interact with others and whether I make a favourable impression and whether they like me and how I must not offend them at all costs.

But the more traditional idea of the goodist personality, at least as it has appeared to me on this site, is someone who puts themselves out continually, and often to their detriment, for the good and benefit of others. I'm too lazy to be that person!

So if you could identify the different blend of TMSer each person is, maybe you could tailor the program more to fit that blend?

I of course acknowledge that the SEP is free and put together by some very generous people to whom I am forever grateful. It's just an idea I had just now I thought was worth sharing....

BTW, if this is something that would be worth doing, I would be willing to help (I'm sure there's irony there). Though I think I may lack the overarching knowledge and experience....

ChronicVince likes this.
  2. jaumeb

jaumeb Peer Supporter

The fact that you can imagine ways to improve the current program shows that you have the necessary knowledge and experience :)

ChronicVince and If 6 was 9 like this.