1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question on pain.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Feefee80, Apr 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Feefee80

Feefee80 New Member

I am on day 6. I believe 100% that my pain is tms. I noticed my pain has reduced, but how long does it actually take to be gone completely.

2. Mitch

Mitch Peer Supporter

I think it all depends on what’s triggering it and what you are doing to work on it. Are you journaling? reading Sarnos books or any other TMS books?
    The more you do do open your mind and accept TMS the better. For me the first time reading Sarnos books was enough, but after a sudden relapse it has been three weeks and I’m just now starting to get better. This time I took a deeper look at what triggered it and have been reading and journaling more. this web site has also helped a great amount. Reading stories and comments gives us all hope. Just hang in there.

3. Homestead Hermit

Homestead Hermit Peer Supporter

The process will be different for everyone, so there's no one way to answer your question. All my mom had to do is read Dr. Sarno's book and her pain went away...whenever she gets pain, she just asks herself what is going on in life right now to cause the pain and it will go away instantly. My aunt read Dr. Sarno's books and believed it 100%, but her pain never went completely away until her mother passed away and that pain didn't have to be dealt with. Me...I'm still figuring out what method works best, can reduce my pain when I learn about TMS, but it has not ever completely gone away (yet).

I think the biggest thing to remember when going through the healing process is NOT to focus on the pain...don't gauge what it's doing, how bad it is, will it be back, etc. Your biggest goal is NOT getting rid of the pain (although I'm sure that's why we all learn about TMS)...it's to NOT CARE about the pain, to remove the FEAR about the pain, to be INDIFFERENT whether the pain is there or not. That's when the magic happens :) When your mentality shifts and you can have pain, but not care. I believe that's when people will have the greatest success removing pain.

Sandy159, Mitch and Saffron like this.
  4. Feefee80

Feefee80 New Member

What if your dealing with pain constant. How do you know if your thinking of something? An example would be fibromyalgia which last 24 hours aday.

5. Mitch

Mitch Peer Supporter

Most tms pain that Ive experienced last all day for months at a time and is constantly on my mind. I’ve come to learn to ask myself what’s really going in my life or past that’s bothering me and shift my physical pain to psychological issues that I need to bring out and explore so that they don’t bother me anymore. Just like Dr. Sarno said “there’s nothing like a little physical pain to keep your mind off your emotional issues.” The more you think about this quote the more you find it’s true.

Homestead Hermit and Samhopkins like this.
  6. Feefee80

Feefee80 New Member

Yes that's what I have been trying to do. I noticed when I comfort myself the pain lessen.