1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Put adversity into perspective

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Aug 16, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I was having a bad morning, then a nephew called and it made me remind
    myself that things could be a lot worse. I was having money worries, then my nephew
    told me this, from a jail in Chicago:

He was with two pals last night. He's a diabetic so he didn't drink, but his pals did.
    Police stopped the car for speeding and found drugs in the car.
    All three were arrested, but only my nephew passed an alcohol and drug test.

My nephew is a great guy who helps his mom and others in need. He never broke a law
    in his life. Now he's in jail innocently involved in drugs.

He asked for money for bail, but I had none to give. I gave him the phone numbers
    of two family members who might help him avoid being in jail until the case comes up.

It made me put my own worries into perspective.

My nephew said he was sick, and no wonder. This probably gave him TMS pain.
    I'll see if I can help him that way.

This reminds me of the old story about a man who stressed out because he had no shoes,
    until he saw a man who had no feet.

2. leonardo999

leonardo999 Well known member

Hi Walt

Thats a tough story..... so easy to get involved in something that youre not really involved in.
    Hope he soon gets out.
    Great story bout the shoes too.

My friends elderly father got a call from a young relative to say that she was in jail and to please send 4k by wire.
    They had been involved in a car crash and needed to make payments.... so they wired the money..........
    It was a hoax....not a relative... and they lost that chunk of savings... to a location in Mexico.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Man Walt so sorry to hear about your nephew-
    ill write you in a little while, it would be good if we chatted some
    Walt your the best and I know you love your family
    your a man with a huge heart. You keep him strong with that wisdom
    Itll help him till we can figure out a way- God bless you Walt

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Man leonardo999 that's a tough one to swallow
    We have to be prudent but even then the good hearted still
    experience pain and hurt from these sort of people
    I hope all is well for your family Leonardo- God Bless

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie, it turned out the caller who said he was my nephew and wanted me to send him
    $1,000 for bail money was a con artist. I hung up on him and then called my nephew and he said
    he hadn't phoned me and wasn't in jail. So someone out there thought he'd get an easy grand
    out of a stranger. Makes me more careful about taking phone calls. If I don't know who the caller is,
    I'll just hang up.

6. leonardo999

OMG.... and I was just posting here earlier to let you know some of this is crime..... Thank god he's not actually locked up anyways......
    Leo

7. leonardo999

People that target pleading for help..and then steal....its the lowest.... How do they sleep at night.
    Best regards Eric.... Leo